Further education / 17. Mai 2021 - 18. Mai 2021, Day 1: 09.00 - 16.30 h; Day 2: 09.00 - 13.30 h
Online-Seminar »Visual Communication of Science« #
You will learn to effectively communicate your own scientific ideas and results by applying best visual communication practices to your research communication. You will understand the principles and useful design approaches used by experts. You will get actionable advice and feedback on your own pre-submitted materials. It is an immersive webinar, structured, easy to follow, memorable, useful, and fun.
- Communicating with scientific vs non-scientific audiences
- Visual perception and what humans find intuitive
- Visual organization: simplifying comprehension through structured layout
- Eye-flow: effortlessly guide the audience through the design
- Colors: how to amplify, not ‘fancify’
- Discussion on pre-submitted figures: facilitator’s feedback on a selection of pre-submitted figures from participants
- Drawing exercise & group work: participants draw a graphical abstract of their research and give each other feedback on how to improve
- Slides that amplify messages and don't distract when presenting
- Discussion on pre-submitted slides: facilitator’s feedback on a selection of slides from participants
- Posters: strategy and process for creating posters that attract and explain
- Group work – posters feedback: participants share their posters and give and receive feedback
- Interactive webinar: fundamentals, real examples, and practical advice
- Discussion on pre-submitted materials: ahead of the webinar, participants submit their scientific figures and slides and I prepare a selection. Everyone receives suggestions on how to improve their own communication.
- Exercises & group work: everyone draws their research and shares their posters and we make groups so participants give each other feedback.
The detailed webinar schedule and more details you can find on the website