Further education / 06. Mai 2020 - 07. Mai 2020, 9-17 h
Seminar »Your presentation: gripping and understandable«
Recommended as preparation for the Young Researchers Symposium 2020
The seminar is cancelled due to current events. We will try to reschedule the seminar at a later date.
There are many ways in which scientists communicate their work, publications, poster or oral presentations or via individual conversations. In terms of leaving a deep impression about your work and yourself, oral presentations are a very powerful way. However, many scientists are scared of the prospect to stand in front of a large and potentially critical audience to present their work. They rush through the presentations, clinging onto overloaded slides and miss a crucial chance to show themselves in a positive light.
- Target the audience and setting
- Have or craft a storyline
- From start to finish. ‘Clamp’ your presentation
- No overloaded slides!
- Graphics vs. text
- Best- and worst-practice examples
- Stage fright: enjoy the adrenaline rush
- Body language
- Personality types: can you score well as an introvert? How authentic can/shall you be? – Pace, voice, interaction
- Stylistic figures
Q&A sessions: and you just thought it´s over already…
- Be an active scientist: asking questions yourself
- Counter challenging questions
You have the opportunity to receive a video feedback of your presentation.