Online Seminar / 09. Oktober 2023 - 11. Oktober 2023, 1. Day: 09:.00 - 16:30 h; 2. Day: 09:00 - 16:30 h
Data Science and Machine Learning Methods
What’s It About?
The course introduces methods from the field of Data Science and Supervised Machine Learning, as well as the statistical foundations needed to understand these methods. The seminar gives a broad overview of the subject area without using Data Science software such as R or Python. The methods, examples and tasks taught are treated theoretically and are independent of the software used later.
- Introduction of general terms
- Explanation of the operation of selected simple supervised machine learning algorithms for regression and classification
- Overview of important evaluation measures for assessing predictive performance and their properties
- Model evaluation by resampling methods
- Hyperparameter tuning
- General knowledge and experience in data analysis