In the »Mobility« transfer center, the research team works on modeling and simulation technologies for virtual product development of vehicles. The capabilities available at the site for real-time simulation (e.g. in the driving simulator RODOS®, the virtual reality laboratory or the simulation framework FERAL) as well as for highly accurate geo-referenced environment digitization are unique.
For more than nine years now, these competencies have been successfully applied and continuously developed in industrial and research projects in the fields of »autonomous and automated driving«, »optimization of traffic systems«, »development, validation and virtual testing of new mobility approaches« and »AI-based vehicle modeling«, among others.
Focus Areas at a Glance
- Autonomous and automated driving
- Optimization of traffic systems
- Development, validation and virtual testing of new mobility approaches
- Interactive simulation (vehicle-environment-human interaction, incl. pedestrian simulation)
- Digital environment data and usage variability
- Ergonomics in the context of automated driving
- Design and development of AI tools to support simulation
- IT support for Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), especially for efficient variant simulation in virtual parameter studies