The passenger car industry is currently developing very dynamically. The development to electric mobility and especially to more and more automation up to autonomous driving leads to a reorientation of the development processes at the vehicle manufacturers and suppliers.
In particular, new and flexible virtual test concepts involving vehicle-environment-human interaction are needed. To this end, new testing concepts and tools are being developed in the performance center to support the automotive industry and simplify its development processes.
Focus of the Transfer Center:
Under the guiding theme »Energy efficiency, reliability and operational safety«, fields have already been defined in the innovation cluster that are also in the focus of the application center. The »Digital Commercial Vehicle Technology« center is divided into three main areas:
- »Interactive Vehicle Simulation and Virtual Vehicle Testing«
- »Virtualized Test Concepts for Commercial Vehicles«
- »Vehicles in the Digital Age«
- TU Kaiserslautern (DCVT, Computer Science, Mechanical and Process Engineering, Civil Engineering, Social Studies)
- Hochschule Kaiserslautern
- Fraunhofer ITWM and Fraunhofer IESE, Commercial Vehicle Cluster